Jane is considered by her peers and clients as a pragmatic lawyer, with wide ranging experience in non-contentious corporate and commercial legal work. She has a demonstrated history of working in various sectors including private practice, in-house and more recently within the technology sector, with software services projects and the SAAS space. She has the ability to work as part of an in-house team or work autonomously to protect the business operations or improve processes within a company in order to manage and mitigate legal risk. She also has experience advising companies in respect of data protection compliance.
Jane can act as part of the business, focusing on the delivery of a legal solution that fits and streamlines business operations. She has the ability to handle crucial negotiations, ensuring the best interests of the corporation.
Previous experience includes drafting, reviewing, and negotiating all types of commercial contracts in various sectors, including high value and complex multi-jurisdictional contracts. The include, but are not limited to the following: –
- Consultancy Agreements;
- Distribution Agreements;
- Terms & Conditions of business, Franchise Agreements;
- IT & Software Contracts (licenses & SAAS);
- Framework Agreements including SOWs and SLAs;
- Confidentiality Agreements/NDA’s;
- Supplier Agreements;
- Managed Services Agreements;
- Channel Partner Agreements;
- Purchase and Sale of Goods & Services Agreements and Outsourcing Agreements;
- Legal advice relating to various ad-hoc commercial business issues.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating all corporate documents in company acquisitions and disposals and raising finance.
- Corporate Governance.
- Due diligence preparatory work for companies preparing their business for sale, including contract reviews to ensure the business is valued at its maximum potential.
- Drafting, reviewing, and amending partnership/directors agreements, Articles of Association and shareholders agreements
Data Protection Consultancy Services:
Provision of data compliance projects such as:
- Gap analysis and Impact Assessments to assess the implications of the UK GDPR compliance requirements in your business.
- Implementing Data Governance (carrying out data mapping and compiling an information asset register)
- Drafting and/or reviewing policies and procedures
- Corporate Training – carrying out training activities with staff and employees.
- Preparing and maintaining records of processing activity (ROPA)
- Data sharing and international transfers
- Privacy by Design – Ensure data protection principles are designed into new business activities, systems, and platforms, by design.
- Provide data protection contracting support.
- Data Protection readiness (NHS Data Security and Protection Toolkit (DSPT, Cyber Essentials & Cyber Essentials Plus, Commercial due diligence for M&A activity)
- Provision of a DPO Service